If you are interested in scheduling an advising appointment, please note the following:
- Online access to schedule advising appointments is restricted to declared majors only
- Not-yet-declared students interested in the certificate may request a certificate declaration appointment below (under the heading Environmental Studies Certificate Advising) or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to declare via email
- Not-yet-declared students interested in the major must first attend a declaration walk-in session. See the heading Major Declarations below.
- Students do not need an appointment for a graduation check. Instead, request a review by emailing email@example.com.
- For all advising requests, please include in your email the reason for the appointment, your campus ID, and your phone number
- Please cancel your appointment or inform us as soon as possible if you are unable to attend
Environmental Studies Certificate Advising
Students with questions about the Environmental Studies certificate are encouraged to make an appointment via the link below. Questions that can be resolved via email may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Request a certificate advising/declaration appointment.
Students wanting to declare or who are interested in learning additional details about the major are strongly encouraged to attend Open Declaration Walk-in Hours, dates and times below. There is no need to sign up for Open Declaration Walk-In sessions. Students are limited to 15 minute sessions and only declaration related questions will be considered.
Students unable to attend a scheduled walk-in session should email email@example.com for alternate options.
- 11/22/2016 - 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm - 70 Science Hall
- 11/28/2016 - 10:00 am to 11:00 am - 70 Science Hall
- 11/29/2016 - 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm - 70 Science Hall
- 12/1/2016 - 11:30 am to 12:30 pm - 70 Science Hall
- 12/2/2016 - 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm - 70 Science Hall
- 12/16/2016 - 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm - 70 Science Hall
Individual Academic Advising
Advising appointments for students declared in the major can schedule an appointment through WiscCal.
Email Academic Advising
If you have a quick question that does not require a conversation you may email the advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to email from your wisc.edu email account and include your full name and campus ID number.
If your question cannot be answered over email, you may be asked to make an appointment for further discussion.
Be Prepared for your Advising Appointment
Please bring the following to your appointment:
- Any questions you have about requirements, extracurricular opportunities, study abroad or whatever is on your mind
- A pen and paper for note taking
- Any form you may need signed. Be sure you have filled out all pertinent information and have read the form/document thoroughly.
What to Expect from an Academic Advising Appointment
Academic advisors are available to answer any questions you may have and to make suggestions about other available options. They can help you interpret a degree audit report and make recommendations about completing degree requirements. Advisors can also suggest extracurricular opportunities, such as internships, study abroad or campus activities, and help you start planning for life after graduation.
It is recommended that you see an advisor once a semester to plan for courses and check your progress toward your degree. There are a lot of possibilities that you might not be aware of and sometimes degree requirements can be difficult to understand.