15-month blended curriculum with exclusive course sections and content, split between on-campus learning and remote experiences.
Summer Conservation Institute
- 9-credit curriculum includes a cohort-centered leadership seminar and advanced-level courses in conservation planning and land use policy.
- The summer institute brings leading conservation practitioners to the UW-Madison campus, offering students extraordinary access to accomplished professionals.
Student Origins and Internship Placement
Leadership placement network
- Nelson Institute program staff work closely with alumni and colleagues in professional sectors to identify leadership opportunities in a variety of conservation organizations.
- Students can match their specific interests and skill sets to organizational and agency needs at local, regional and global scales, setting students on a path to professional success. Placement network partner organizations include (but are not limited to):
- Amazon Conservation Association
- International Crane Foundation
- Wildlife Conservation Society
- Smithsonian Institution Gabon
- Conservation International
- World Wildlife Fund
- The Nature Conservancy
- US Fish and Wildlife Service Pathways Program
- US National Park Service Pathways Program
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
- Driftless Area Land Conservancy
- Sitka Conservation Society