Sitka Salmon Shares is a new venture that links independent small boat, family fishermen in Southeast Alaska with conscious consumers and small producers in the Midwest. We provide the world’s highest quality wild salmon in a socially-responsible, highly-transparent, and environmentally-sustainable manner. We are currently beginning to operate a Community Supported Fishery in Madison, Wisconsin; West-Central, Illinois; Chicago, Illinois; and Minneapolis, Minnesota. In addition, we are partnering with already established CSAs to provide wild salmon supplements for their members.
Sitka Salmon Shares is now seeking a Marketing and Development Coordinator to help us grow. This position will be responsible for helping us foster new connections with existing Community Supported Agriculture Programs in and around Madison, Wisconsin and concurrently grow our Community Supported Fishery program in the area.
• Helping to devise and implement Sitka Salmon Shares infrastructure in all market regions.
• Managing and developing Madison, Wisconsin, market for Sitka Salmon Shares. This includes establishing partnerships with local growers, community members, and restaurants and delivering Community Supported Fishery Shares and Community Supported Agriculture Supplements.
• Assisting in essential day-to-day operations, including coordinating deliveries with Alaska fishermen; packaging and shipping shares; and creating and perfecting accounting systems and customer databases.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in relevant discipline.
• A commitment to bringing people high quality, sustainable food from small producers and a commitment to larger food system reform.
• An intimate, working knowledge of Madison’s vibrant regional food communities and systems.
• An affable and outgoing personality.
• Knowledge of accounting, sales, and marketing a plus.
This position is a non-benefited, hourly position during its first six months. It begins mid-May. We expect the hire spend part of their time in Madison, Wisconsin, and part of their time at our distribution center and headquarters in Galesburg, Illinois. The base pay is $10.50, plus performance incentives. After this initial trial period, we expect to offer an exceptional candidate a benefited salaried position to expand and grow our connections with small producers and conscious consumers in the Midwest.
To apply please send resume and cover letter to Nic Mink, Chief Salmon Steward, at email@example.com.
Deadline: Monday, July 23, 2012
Areas of Expertise
Receive weekly email updates of the recent environmental job listings.