DePaul University, the nation's largest Catholic university and one of the 10 largest private universities, is an urban institution with 6 campuses, more than 275 degree programs, and 25,000 students from a variety of diverse backgrounds.
The Sustainability Coordinator will work 20 hours a week through June of 2013. This position will report to the co-chair of the Sustainability Initiatives Task Force. The Sustainability Coordinator will manage the administration of the DePaul Sustainability Network and will provide administrative assistance in key areas to further enhance and implement DePaul's Institutional Sustainability Plan.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Administration and development of the DePaul Sustainability Network; to include the following: convene periodic meetings, establish agenda items, take minutes, send periodic updates, follow up on action items identified by the DSN co-chairs, and recruit new members.
• Assist with the planning of various Sustainability-related talks, forums, lectures or other events.
• Assist with the communication and marketing of sustainability-related activities use established resources; such as: sustainability.depaul.edu or create new ones, including social media.
• Serve as a sustainability liaison with internal and external constituencies, including the Sustainable Management Concentration advisory board.
• Assist in the management of the sustainability budget, in coordination with the Office of the President.
• Perform other duties and specific projects as assigned.
• Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science degree in an area of study related to one or all aspects of sustainability (economic, social, environmental).
• Demonstrated experience of program development, administration and budgetary competence.
• Proven ability to meet deadlines and follow through on action items.
• Demonstrated familiarity with DePaul's Catholic, Vincentian, Urban mission.
• Experience working with multiple stakeholders; including: faculty, staff, students, alumni, and community partners.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience with grant writing, report writing, and other forms of communication that require significant proofreading and copyediting.
• Some out of state travel.
Are you interested in joining our team of talented, motivated employees and helping DePaul serve its students and communities around the world? If so, go to http://www.depaul.edu and select “Employment” at the top of the page to submit your cover letter and résumé online for this and other jobs. Please reference job number .
Salary & Benefits:
DePaul offers comprehensive and competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain talent to further the University's mission. Please click on the following link to review the full Benefits Summary. https://hr.depaul.edu/Benefits/index.html
Required Background Screening:
All final candidates extended an offer of employment will undergo background screening.
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Deadline: Monday, July 23, 2012
Areas of Expertise
Receive weekly email updates of the recent environmental job listings.