Faculty, staff and students affiliated with the Nelson Institute are welcome to reserve rooms and equipment for committee meetings, seminars, thesis defenses, etc.
The following spaces are available to be reserved:
|Room||Room Type/Size||Room Use|
25 people max
|Faculty, staff, student committee meetings and seminars|
45 people max
|Priority is given to Nelson Institute classes Tuesday-Friday and to faculty governance meetings on Mondays|
20 people max
|Priority is given to Nelson Institute classes|
10 people max
|Priority is given to Nelson Institute Director's Office|
20 people max
|Priority is given to Nelson Institute students|
We also have AV equipment available from the Academic Programs Office including laptops, LCD projectors and speakers.
To reserve AV equipment email your request, including desired equipment pickup and return times, to email@example.com.
To request the use of a room, you will need to create an event on your WiscMail calendar and reserve the room as part of that event. To reserve a room:
- Log into WiscMail with your UW NetID and password
- Click "Calendar" in the bottom left corner
- Click "New Event" near the top of the page under the Calendar tab
- Enter title, date and time of your event
- Type "NIES [room number] Science Hall", e.g., NIES 15 Science Hall, in the "Reservations" search box and click on the desired search result to select it
- Click "Check Availability"; if the room is already reserved it will display as red and you'll need to adjust your event's date and time to resolve the conflict; click "Accept"
- Click "Save" near the top of the page
- You will receive an email when your request has been reviewed
If you have trouble with this process, contact:
for rooms 140 and 122G
for rooms 15, 110 and 175